Flashing you nokia phone with Phoenix [Tutorial]
download phoenix software from here
then you have to download you phone's firmware
6303i users downlod firmwre from here[easy] or follow below steps
6303i 's RM number is RM-638.other users find it by pressing *#0000# in you nokia phone
after that download your phone's firmware from any of these sites
Navifirm or Navifrim plus [both need .net framework 2.0 to work.download it from here. windows 7 already have .net framework.]
ok.now download your firmware
after downloading make a folder in C:\Program files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\ named RM-your rm number
eg: C:\Program files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-638
now put your all firmware files in that folder[normally 4 or 5 files]
1. Be sure you install updated firmware. You cannot downgrade your phone’s firmware in BB5 phones which includes all new Nokia phones including N-Series.
2. Phoenix allows downgrading but your phone doesn’t allow it as your phone has some special security built into it. So no use of trying it. You’ll get an error message.
3. You can reinstall your current firmware also if you have its package. It is supported. It can also sometimes solve little issues.
Flashing Procedure [Updating to latest firmware]:
1. Open Phoenix Service Software.
2. Connect your phone in PC Suite Mode.
3. In Phoenix, click File>Manage Connections.
4. Now click New.
5. Now select the type of cable you are using. If you are using DKE-2, CA-53 [N-Series] cable, select USB.
6. Click Next. It will find your product and say FOUND. If it doesn’t find any, you can try changing your cable type by clicking Back.
7. Click Next and then Finish.
8. Now your cable type [USB] appears in the connection list. Select it. Click APPLY and then CLOSE.
Now select File>Open Product.
9. A list of RM code will open. Select your phone’s code. For an example RM-638 for Nokia 6303i. Click OK
10. Now select File>Scan Product.
11. Your phone’s firmware info will appear at the extreme bottom of the Phoenix window.
12. Now go to Flashing > Firmware Update.
13. A window will open.
14. Click Refurbish.
15. Now your actual flashing has started. Don’t touch your phone or press any button until the flashing has finished. Also don’t touch your data cable and your computer system.
16. At the end Phoenix will tell you to remove your phone as the flashing has finished.
17. Now wait for your phone to reboot into latest firmware.
The flashing procedure takes 8-9 minutes, a lot faster than Nokia Software Updater.i flashed my 6303i within 5 minutes :)
Flashing dead phones [Which show only white screen on startup]
Note: You can install any firmware in dead phones whether it is latest and or the old one.
1. The procedure is the same for flashing Dead phones.
2. Start Phoenix. Connect your phone with USB Cable [phone is off at this time].
3. Click File >Open Product. Select your RM code from the window that appears. Click OK.
4. Click File > Manage Connections. Select No Connection. Then APPLY and CLOSE.
5. Now straight away click Flashing > Firmware Update.
6. Check the option “Dead Phone USB Flashing”.
7. Click Refurbish.
8. Flashing has started.
9. After some seconds flashing will pause asking you to turn your phone ON.
10. Press POWER button of your phone until backlight comes up.
11. Flashing will proceed.
12. Your phone will automatically start when the flashing finishes. After finish you can safely remove your data cable from handset.
Important Note: If you want to install another update to your phone after a new firmware is released, first remove the previous version you installed in C:\Program files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\, Just delete all the contents of Products folder before installing a new firmware
If you have any doubt , comment here.........